The EFBQ promotes, assesses and gives qualifications for strategic entrepreneurship
within a network of companies wishing to learn from each other. The EFBQ is a network of organizations that want to distinguish themselves in an environment that is often turbulent and momentarily very uncertain. These organisations want to assess their plans on the EC-Standard® with the aim to optimise or stabilize or even regain their profit and above all want to assure the continuity of their organization.
The costs and benefits
- the EFBQ instruments and network activities offer jou the ability to assess, qualify and improve your strategic entrepreneurship.
- the EFBQ organisation and secretariat support you with internal information, external publicity, coaching and counselling and the organisation and administrative handling of all trajectories.
- for the full package you will pay one fixed annual participation fee.
- because the EFBQ is not a profit-seeking organisation, for all its products, services and activities it only asks a cost-effective contribution due to which the annual contribution is relatively low.
- you may use these products and services as often as you need or desire.
- also included in the annual contribution is the additional support provided by the EFBQ secretariat. This guarantees that the participants can concentrate on their key interest: making sure they are at the top in their market.
Added value to participants:
- cost savings andenhanced effectiveness due to a practical plan of self-assessment and drawing up a sound strategic business plan.
- moving the focus form the day-to-day business to the strategic lines that are decisive for the continuity and returns of the company.
- team building and increased homogeneity in strategic thinking and acting within the top management of the company.
- expert support and coaching by experienced EFBQ professionals.
- co-ordinated and result-oriented implementation of plans of action, partly due to instruments such as the EFBQ Strategic Action Guard®.
- participation in a network of companies that distinguish themselves in the market on the basis of quality.
- creating a better profile for your company in the market and other privileges of qualification, such as participation in the EFBQ Roundtable of Qualified Companies.
- all network activities are open to EFBQ participants only.
- extensive range of knowledge and skills on each strategic subject.
- excellent opportunity for formal and informal interaction.
- sharing practical knowledge and experience with fellow-entrepreneurs with the same background, questions and ambitions.
- high-quality content and practical applicability of all network activities.
- involvement, motivation and an active contribution from the participants.
- on-line access to knowledge bank, address database and participants pages via the Internet.
EFBQ participants speak out
BASF Drukinkt b.v. Doetinchem
"A lucky coincidence"
Just as I was about to dive into printing ink, my predecessor was invited to participate in the EFBQ. Actually, circumstances couldn't have been better: together we could map a business and a company I didn't know anything about in a structured way and develop a plan using the long-existing M.T. This way, you quickly familiarise yourself with people, market and means. Being observed by an outsider in the process keeps you alert. That this path was not strewn with roses, was part of the game. Today, as a Qualified Company, we still make use of the EFBQ structure, although not in every respect, as by now we can 'ride a bike with no hands'.
The seminars and workshops are well attended and much appreciated. The participation in the Roundtable gives me personally added value and the meetings can be very inspiring. Just recently we, as a Qualified Company, breathed new life into our participation of the EFBQ. For a new business segment, with new participants in our company, we sat round the table with an EFBQ coach again, focusing once again on the basic questions of the EFBQ. This was very effective, inspiring and pleasant at the same time. This way our participation in the EFBQ continues to give us added value. Simultaneously, we have been happy to notice that the EFBQ organisation grasps the nettle with fresh zest as well. After all, even Zeus had to seduce Europe first, before she took her chance with him.
EMI Compact Disc (Holland)b.v."Foresight is the essence of leadership" For the (modern) entrepreneur in the year 2001 is it now selfevident that a clearly formulated vision, mission and strategy have to be established. It creates the framework of the organisation and provides support when having to make the essential choices management is confronted with.
However, without a clear and consistent translation into short and medium-term objectives for the various functional areas within the organisation, vision, mission and strategy lose their potential and the proposed policy might even be at risk. For EMI Compact Disc (Holland) BV the EFBQ assessment in accordance with the EC standard has proven to be an extremely valuable tool and/or process in designing an integral company policy, as well as in ensuring consistency in the derived areas of activity.
A valuable 'spin-off' of the assessment is 'the score'. Although (unfortunately) it is no listing, it provides a benchmark as regards quality and effectiveness of (strategic) business practice. In particular, it is useful and/or interesting to know when the score is disappointing on a certain part.
In addition to the assessment, which is to a large extent introspective and focused on the organisation itself, the EFBQ network offers a platform for exchanging 'Best Practices'.
Each entrepreneur works on a daily basis with his or her own 'consultation model'. Exchanging ideas about topical issues always provides the necessary leads for new initiatives focused on the own organisation.
Hans F.N. van Luit
Vice-president Manufacturing and Materials Management Group EMI Europe and Managing Director EMI Compact Disc (Holland) B.V.
Joh.Enschedé Stamps Security Printers b.v.
"After obtaining the ISO 9001 quality assurance certificate, which in our view primarily represents 'management of quality in an organisation', we would like to take the process one step further by improving the 'quality of the management of the organisation'. In our view, the EFBQ model offers a sound basis to achieve this. In particular the benchmark element in the questionnaire has brought us valuable added value as we had not yet actively worked on this. By answering the questions of the questionnaire in the order required, you are more or less obliged to tackle the issue seriously. When the work is done and you have completed the questionnaire, it is very useful to know exactly at which stage of the management process your organisation finds itself compared to other organisations.
Therefore, the assessment report is also an incentive to further improve the parts on which you 'scored low'. An important learning aspect for the organisation was adjusting the system of internal reporting of, in particular, the commercial developments to a new structure of products and markets as emerged from the discussions during the completion of the questionnaire. By gearing the system of reporting to the structure of the standard monthly (financial) reports, keeping up the EFBQ questionnaire has become part of our annual cycle of budgeting and long-range planning."